Saturday, 5 September 2009

Hair Dye...

I've always dyed my own hair and believe you me, it's been many colours. I'm currently sporting a growing out shaved head look, so this is it's completely natural colour. Back in June the Cyprus sun warmed up my hair and gave me lovely natural highlights, I was happy about that, it didn't look too bad, until my tan faded and it started to look a little boring....

I opted not to spend £5 or more on a box dye, as my hair is so short, it would be a little ridiculous. I picked up this cute box in my local pharmacy for £1.69, love the graphics, just mix with water, 20 mins on, no peroxide, no ammonia, dark brown and far less waste of packing. I'm up for all of that!

Sta-Sof-Fro
Permanent Powder Hair Dye £1.69

You literally mix all the powder with 5 of these mini cups of water and paint it on, no smell, no mess, no time at all.

Super easy, fast and brilliant!

Okay I'd say it's a little darker than 'dark brown' but I did leave it on for about 30 mins, hopefully after a shampoo today it will lighten a little. It feels really soft and conditioned, the colour is even and I'm happy.

So it's really basic, it doesn't have a shade indicator on the box, it doesn't come with gloves and a sachet of conditioning treatment but if you're used to using hair dyes I'd recommend you try this stuff. I'll update you on how it washes and fades ... x

3 comments:

  1. I tried it 7 monthes ago in 'black'I havent redyed it yet but i still have full coverage with NO GREYS! My hair still looks really healthy too. At first it doesn't look that natural but after a week it does. I went into my local shopping centre in Romford and picked it up for just 99p!!!!!
    Brilliant...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I'm so pleased you tried it and liked it! Its a little hidden gem xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just tried this dye on my hair, so easy to use - thanks!

    ReplyDelete