Tuesday, 1 September 2009

Nail Review...


I popped into Sally's Beauty the other day to help my sister with some hair extensions, got myself a few really boring things - mini hairspray for my set bag, box of super thin tissues and a box of pointy cotton buds (nearly grabbed a discounted Crazy Colour in Tangerine but I opted against that for now)

I did pick up a nail colour, in a fantastic pink, I really believe this is the brightest pink I've ever seen. Having only paid £1.99 for it I wasn't expecting much, but I thought it would do the job. And really, how bad can a nail polish be?


Nina Ultra Pro Salon Formula in Punki Pink is TERRIBLE!

Unfortunately it's really thin on application, very matte and needs at least three coats, even then I could see my white nail showing through. I applied base coat and topcoat but within just a few hours my nails were unbelievably chipped and peeling. I found flakes of colour in my shower, in my dinner, on my desk, everywhere. Now, I'm not one to wear any sort of messy looking nail so I had to remove all the colour, meaning I had the colour on for about 3 hours. Removing the colour wasn't easy either, my finger tips were stained in a wash of bright pink.

Really disappointing.


I'm still trying to find a way to wear this as I absolutely love the colour, but if I'm not promised a full day of wear out of it, then there is simply no way I can leave the house with it on. How sad x

No comments:

Post a Comment