1. Don't drag too much foundation or concealer over the eye lid when apply these to the face.
2. Use an eye primer such as MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre £13 or Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Wheat £15 - These will help even out the eye lids and leave a matt finish.
3. For extra staying powder you can now dust a powder eye shadow over the lid, use a matt finish for this as you can then take it right up to the brow. Brule by MAC is a good one.
4. You may also want to use a waterproof mascara, people with slightly oily eye lids often experience transferring from the lashes onto the lids and under eye area.
5. Always remove your make up properly, this will ensure that there is never any residue left on the eye lids.